15 April 2011

Moore House Update

As the weather is beginning to warm up and allow me to get back outdoors, I decided to take a run up to Yorktown and my old stomping grounds. My husband and I had met up with a couple of friends and the notion of the Moore House came up. Well, I had never been inside the building because of the fact that it is usually only open for paying tours. When we all arrived at the location, I noticed that the doors to the house were open and people coming and going.

My immediate interest was peaked and even more so when we discovered that it was open to the public for free!! SCORE! This gave me the chance to go inside and walk around and see if I felt anything that might be present inside.

As we walked inside, we noticed that there has been some major renovations and a lot of newer, more modern trimmings. The downstairs was very quiet and calm. Upon going upstairs, I felt a wave of energy that tightened around my chest. After a few moments the tightness lifted and subsided. There were no other experiences the entire time in the house.

Sadly, I did not have my camera with me as I was really not expecting it to be fully open. Although, not getting much in the way of sensing energy, I really doubt anything would have manifested. My personal thoughts at this time is if there's anything still attached to the Moore House, it is most likely residual. I did not get the intelligent haunt feeling at all. Now this is only after 1 time of being inside the house. This may change if I am able to get back inside and any ghosts want to come out and play... (I will know for the future trips to take my camera!)

0 comments: